About Me

My photo
Louisea Miller ♥ im everything youd expect from a normal fourteen year old.Love my friends. Im reasonably tall, long brown hair, got reaalyy blue eyes and im an average weight :).

Hit Counter<3

Wednesday 15 July 2009

Chapter 5- Astonished or Guilty.

I sat there still in shock. How had I got such a high score, what happened. I was so happy! As I turned round I remembered the very reason I had put so much effort in. Dan was here, I had been trying to impress him without knowing. My family always told me I was born to impress. I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed. It was obviously showing because when I sighed and began to watch the next dancer Dan spoke up.
"Cheer up, you were amazing, I didn't know you could move like that", he said smiling.
I smiled appreciating his praise. I guess I was a little shy around him but I was a little intimidated by his beautiful eyes. For just a second I sat there staring into his eyes. God, who was I trying to kid. He was way out of my league but hey, a girl can dream. Eva was next to dance, she was a good dancer but it was all from dedication. She had had to work hard to follow her dreams. I have to be honest, when we first started dancing together when we were four, I was terrified. I was too scared to take it seriously. I loosened up after a month or two though. But even now when people criticise me I really hate it.
Eva had beautiful strong legs, everyone said so. She was a pretty girl but she was always too dedicated to her dancing to ever hold a boyfriend for long. She stood there in the middle of the floor patiently waiting on her music. As her routine began, she started her steps, every one practiced to perfection. She really was good, it was obvious she really wanted this too. She was putting her best into every move she made. I really did like Eva but I wish she would ditch the stupid geek she spend nearly every day with. Eva may be dedicated to dancing most of the time but at weekends she was totally different, she was amazing. She spends Friday and Saturday nights drinking and generally you'll find her with a different boy every week.
The judges decided a break would be suitable right about now so they could decide who was going through. I sat on my bench staring at them nervously while they glanced at me and the others in the room, watching them discuss who they thought was worthy of a place. The atmosphere was too tense for me, I had to leave. I turned to Becci, who was in the process of giving Dan yet another of her lengthy lectures.

I quickly walked away. I stood in the main reception area and looked for a vending machine with a small queue. There was none. I decided not to bother with a drink and went to the toilets. I looked in the mirror. As I stared at myself there, I noticed someone staring at me from the other side of the sinks. I turned round swiftly and looked to see who it could be. It was one of the older dancers from our club. She was quite big built but not fat. She was a pretty girl, but in her own way. I looked at her and just as I was turning away, she walked over and said
"What have you got to sigh about?!"
I was shocked, I felt guilty and confused.
"What?", I replied, startled.
"You're perfect, you were amazing tonight as always and just to top it off, you're gorgeous!"she said with a rather mean look on her face.
I just stood there stunned, I didn't know what to say. After what felt like forever, she walked away without another word. I was quite disturbed, I had never been envied like that, or at least I didn't think I had...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers